Tuesday 11 December 2012

#redbullflugtag at Waterfront CT

This weekend I went to see what the redbullflugtag was all about.
It all started back in 1992 when Redbull decided it would be a cool marketing campaign getting the public involved to create their own "airoplane" or should I say self-propelled "thingemegig with wings", then get them to jump of a 6meter platform and see how far you can glide before falling into the ocean. 
200 000 spectators and 41 teams...
Needless to say it is not about who beats the world record of 69meters, but rather about the team spirit and how awesome and funny some of those "ufo's" really are.
The endless creativity displayed, combined with the engineering of a mad scientist with a jigsaw is a dangerous combination, but a must see.
I am sure that allot of you also attended the event on Sunday, burning to a crisp and ending up looking like a lobster.
I stood my ground fighting the summer sun for 7h before eventually giving in and leave my spot to have a cold beer.
It was worth it.
Here are some of the shots.











 If you would like to check out more, please visit www.redbullflugtag.co.za




No comments: