Monday 13 August 2012

That wine will probably make you go blind.



I went to Bonnievale this weekend, on a looooong weekend. So over the next few days I'll blog about some of the things I encountered on my trip. By the end of my last Bonnievale blog you might agree that some of these Bonnievale people are on ... let's just say " the good stuff".
One of the things I saw in the local bottle store were Golden Valley wine. At R13 a litre it must be the cheapest wine out there and the locals buy these in 1 litre or 2 litre plastic bottles. I'm not sure, but I think you might be able to buy yourself a 5litre party jug for R50.
I guess the workers drink it until the become blind on a Friday night and try to recover the next day. Buy some more if the are able to see the next day,drink till you drop and try to recover on the Sunday. Then it's back to farming again untill the following Friday. 

"Op die eerste een"

The first picture is what normal people see in the shop.


And this is what the guys drinking to much Golden Valley see in the shop.




No comments: